Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Watered Down Truth

So I have a super crappy apartment right? Well, when it rains hard my apartment floods. I don’t get home till after 10:00pm in the evenings so maintenance is definitely not still working and it has to be a life and death situation for them to come out to check on a problem.

The other night it rained hard, and I mean hard! For several hours. (So hard it actually collapsed one of our death-trap parking garages… Which after 3 months is still ½ standing with only one string of caution tape around it. But I digress.) When I walked into my apartment, I expected the normal amount of flooding, a wet window sill and couch which is near the window. Well, I walked in and my foot hit wet. You know that splat noise from freshly wet carpet? Yea. At first I though my dog had peed on the floor since I was in the middle of the room. Then I took another step, splat. Oh my dog was going to get a beat down! She peed in TWO different places?!? Then it hit me. Flooding.

I pulled my sectional away from the wall and water was still coming in from the window and in though the electrical outlet as well. DANGER!!! So I called the maintenance number. Surprise… no response. I left  message. After 10 more minutes, I called back explaining how dangerous the situation was in another message. Well, by the time, the water had quit coming in through the window and I had cleaned the window and wall mostly up with a towel, it occurs to me if the guy comes, he is gong to see a dry sill and not do anything about the problem till the next day.

So what naughty thing did I do… I got a cup of water and poured it on the sill. Shady, right?!? It did however aid my cause and the maintenance guy called in a emergency wet-vac crew out immediately.

So, one to five? I think my numbers might be a little more severe this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment