Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Little Context

Howdy!

I have only read a blog twice in my life. Wow, now that that is out of the way... I am excited to have the chance to share with you the crazy situations I often find myself in and the sometimes shady decisions I make. I want to share honest situations without pulling any punches. I encourage each of you to post your reactions to my choices; what you would have done, maybe a "Hell ya, I totally agree," or probably more frequently, "You better get started on those Hail Mary's." Help me rate my situations on a Naughty Scale, from one to five. A Five rating would be "pack your bags, you are going to hell on a flaming rocket." A One would be, "Ya, I would have totally done that same with no guilt."

A little history on my ethics. I am a Catholic (not a very good one) who believes that all religions, in the end, are celebrating the same God, only in different ways. My grandma once said that Heaven is like the mall. There are hundreds of ways to get there. Some have detours, some have road construction, or they may be short cuts but if you stay on the path, you will eventually end up at the mall. Holy cow, I love my grandma!

My dad is super ethical and I grew up in an environment that supported good decisions. I am so happy for that upbringing. It gives you great perspective. Doing the right thing is not always easy. I find that most of my choices follow this upbringing but some certainly would make the naughty list. I hope you find the humor, spirit, and truth to human nature in my stories and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment